Gramma's Pen

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Wayfarers Meeting

Our number has dwindled. This morning there were three of us, Ingrid, Dixie and me. We had a good time anyway. I.S. wrote about her grandma...how that broughtback memories of my own grandmas. My two stories were read from the computer screen again. Something is wrong with my printer (perhaps it is the computer operator). The message window says I have no ink. KJA put a new cartridge in last night. Then it says there is an error in the printer command. SO-o-o-o-o that is why I read from the screen again. I sent out e-mail messages. Maybe Marjorie is sick or something, or out of town for the holiday. I should have called Jerry because he doesn't have internet. Ah, well, one day at a time. I'll do better next month. Marjory and Jerry seem to be more interested in their poetry, which is very good.

Ingrid and I went to Mimi's for lunch. She had the Oriental Chicken Salad. I had the butternut squash ravioli with scallops. Alas, there were mushrooms in the sauce and a very good sauce it was. We got as far as Freckle's shop on our way home. Then those mushrooms had rushed their way through.

My visit to my primary care physician yesterday went pretty well. She LISTENS, then makes suggestions. She's happy with my a1C and coumadin check and my blood pressure is at the high side of normal. DKG called and made appointments for me for phyuical therapy. We'll see if it helps before we try cortisone shots, then a brace. She says x=rays prove that arthritis is riddling my spine. Right now I only have constant gnawing pain in my lower back. You know, where the dimples are. Tylenol usually helps, but last week I had to resort to Vicodin. I can walk pretty well with the walker as long as I keep moving. Standing for any length of time is out of the question. Mayabe if I get back to swimming, that will work out some of the kinks.

1 Comments:

  • We had to junk our printer because the nozzles had plugged up. It was cheaper to buy a new printer...

    I miss Mimi's!! They have such interesting normal food. I would love to go there again.

    I think arthritis in the spine is hereditary...

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home