Gramma's Pen

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rain, rain, don't go away

So it's gloomy out there, already. We're having beautiful, steady rain. Perhaps this will help dampen all that dry stuff on the hillsides. It's sad though, that the already scorched earth leftover from last summer's raging infernos is now just great big mudslides.

So far, neither Freckles nor I have caught the nasty bug that is hovering around every corner. We wash our hands a lot. All that money Freckles handles must have been in horrendous places, handled by multitudes of people. Therefore we wash, wash, wash. That's a good habit to ingrain before conference.

Bobbie has reservations to stay with Vickie again this year. Lilly has to go to stay with Dr. Ballenger. She is so apt to attack any other dog...you know, just snap and growl. I don't think Freckles has allowed her to get close enough to bite any pooch. She has even snarled at German Shepherds on their morning walk.

Now I'm going to try to decipher the "recipe co-op" that's going around. I have a good recipe for red cabbage. If I can't do it, I'll be back.

1 Comments:

  • So glad for your rain. Do you want some of our snow? It's been down to -8 degrees C here (20 degrees F).
    There are not enough people in the world for that recipe thingy to go around five times. The first time I got it, I passed a recipe on to the two people listed at the top. From then on I ignored the whole thing.

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home