Gramma's Pen

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

June Gloom in May

Somehow I couldn't settle down last night. Yes, I went to bed at a decent 10 o'clock, but tossed and turned. Then Bobby and Lily joined me and played hop scotch beside me. I went to the kitchen and ate the leftover asparagus. Kedj had tossed it with lemon juice and Butter Smart (from Smart and Final) and it was delicious, without the butter I love. We had Tilapia and French Fried Sweet Potato (in the oven).

Maybe the sun will come out this afternoon so I can finish painting the patio table black to match the chairs. I did them for the Bistro Shower for Heather. Now they'll match. We have new cushions for the occasional chairs and the covers on the dining chairs and glider blend nicely. Would you believe: pale yellow with a gray green and ORANGE big print. I even like them, even though orange is my very un-favorite color.

The yardman is busy cutting the front lawn. Lily is on the back of the sofa and has nosed through the blinds and is telling him just how to do it. I'm sure she would be out there supervising if she could dig out the pile of rocks Kedj put against the fence. Our wisteria is going to town slithering half-way across the arbor over the swing. It was really too cold to go out to watch the morning today. We usually have our wake up coffee there.

This weekend we have our fellowship meal after B of B. We are getting tired of our usual Caesar Salad...thought we'd try some mixed baby greens and some added extras. Does someone have any ideas to share?

It's time to blow my allergy nose, water the hanging fuchsias outside my computer window and to have another cuppa.

2 Comments:

  • Where have I been? 2 days have gone by since you posted! I wish you could do pictures but I guess your word pictures are almost as good.
    For the salad we sometimes put mini canned mandarin slices, dried cranberries, and either sliced roasted almonds or chopped candied pecans. Use a sweet and vinegary dressing like Newman's raspberry something or other. Enjoy your ADM!

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 4:16 PM  

  • What I love to do is copy the parisienne salad that costco sells. Mixed baby greens, a little shredded carrot (opt.), craisins, feta cheese and slivered almonds. Then you add a dressing of equal parts oil, white vinegar and white sugar. Don't use olive oil though, regular canola or veggie oil is best.

    By Blogger The Chatty Housewife, at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home