Gramma's Pen

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Surprise...surprise!

Last night on her way home from the shop, Kedj just happened to stop and get me a new printer. The sales clerk assured her it would fit my old PC so she bought it. We'll see tonight if it really does work for me. Of course, she has her printer right next to my PC but...it is too modern to accommodate my machine. I have not been doing my "memoirs" lately. Kedj's laptop keyboard isn't as easy to maneuver. Besides, it's too much trouble to rearrange the chairs, etc. I'll get out my notebook of jottings and thoughts to put together. I might even get the last two verses of the sestina that's been in the works for such a long time.

True to the day...our star jasmine has popped its buds into fragrant blooms. By the calendar, it always blooms in May. Kedj had to bring in the Boston ferns because the mourning doves threatened, then actually attempted to put their next nest in the middle. We didn't mind so much when they used the hanging geranium baskets last year. Jenny and Benny Wren thought the crafty houses made at Pine Summit were pretty neat until they discovered there was no cross ventilation and the afternoon sun beat down upon them...they moved on.

Sometimes I neglect to check my sugar level in the mornings, then eat a couple slices of a really ripe fresh pineapple and have two of those mini sandwich cookies in the afternoon. I've been feeling pretty punk lately. Before I went to bed last night I checked...only to find I was pushing 300...no wonder. Today I'm back in the saddle and am keeping a chart of what I actually do eat AND how much. I won't include calories on the chart, but will watch those 1/2 cup portions and drink lots of water.

We're getting ready to go into the beach tomorrow night after traffic clears a bit...project on the horizon is a slipcover for the barrel-backed occasional chair and a pot of Polynesian Curry with fixin's. Kedj needs a break, I go along for the ride.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home