Gramma's Pen

Friday, April 04, 2008

Purpose

Acts 2:17--And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams...and I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord and it shall come to pass that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

And it shall come to pass...

My great-grandson in Marysville has wonderfully accepted the Lord. He is only 4 years old. Already he is trying to show his almost 3 year old brother the way. But, sadly, said brother just turns away. How frustrating.

Just why are we left here in this scene? What job do we still have to do? Are we ready and willing to respond to that soon coming shout?

This morning I felt very noble, pleased with myself, because my bed has been hastily made and I actually cleaned up the kitchen before I sat down at the computer to read my mail, comment on blogs, and to send a few messages to my family.

I thought surely we would have rain today as my there were twinges in my lower back last night. Two Tylenol at bedtime fixed the situation. I slept well and am ready to go up, or just to keep on keeping on.

I'm trying to submit to Knittery the old time recipes from my childhood, you know, those we used during the Great Depression. I didn't know we were really poor. We were happy because we had each other. Also, my Dad and Mother always had a garden. Dad planted and cultivated. Mother canned and canned. Gratefully, Uncle Hoss had a small grocery store and often advanced necessities like flour and sugar and salt. My gramma made butter by shaking in a quart jar, the top cream from the milk bottle. This was before everything was homogenized. Most of my children have asked for a favorite recipe from their childhood memories. So, that is my next project, starting right now.

1 Comments:

  • Your younger great-grandson in Marysville, is not even two years old yet. He still drinks milk from a bottle, has an awkward time keeping his balance (due to his impressive size) and has a vocabulary of less than 100 words (to be generous). He is also used to being bossed about by his older brother which probably has a lot to do with the turning away. I wouldn't give up on him just yet - he's just barely more than a baby in spite of his size. Soon he'll be two and it won't be long before he really starts communicating!

    By Blogger ioi, at 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home