Gramma's Pen

Monday, March 17, 2008

Lily

Somewhere out there in never-never land in the beginning of this post. This morning, Kedj took Bobbie with her on their two-mile swift constitutional. It is just too much effort to chase and catch Lily. She doesn' want to go. However, when the two exercisers came back home there was her ladyship lollygagging around in the sun in our front yard, (thank you very much). She had dug herself out under the front fence. Bobbie has never attempted to dig. Kedj fixed the escape hatch with some bricks. Hope this helps.

We wonder about all this activity. At first we thought he needed company when we were gone. Once when we returned from an extended outing he was on the porch swing howling at the moon. It was a pitiful, but gentle howl. It made us feel sad. I didn't ask the neighbors what they thought. Lily torments him mercilessly. But there is some togetherness...they both hightail it to the front door when the bell rings and to the back door when the garage door opens. When I take my afternoon nap I usually have her draped across my hip and Bobbie settled on my ankles.

Time will tell. Kedj was told that she could return the bundle of licks. She lost her last home because she couldn't get along with the other dogs in the family.

Maybe I can find the first half of this blog and send it along.

3 Comments:

  • Poor Bobby! Does he not like Lily or is he just trying to get use to her?

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 4:01 PM  

  • I guess he likes her, for he kisses her on the nose, sometimes. After all, he is an old man, just past 15 years and likes to sleep a lot and not play all the time.

    By Blogger Gramma, at 9:38 AM  

  • wow, I didn't realize that Bobby was that old! I hope Lily can tone down enough to stay. It's probably no fun to be tossed from home to home. By the way, 'Lily' is a beautiful name.

    By Blogger ioi, at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home