Gramma's Pen

Friday, February 15, 2008

Flurries

Yep, we had snow flurries yesterday. They were tiny flakes and floated down lazily, but melted before they could accumulate on the ground. Meanwhile, our camellia bush has fat buds bursting at the seams. Grape hyacynths are up. The white petunias in the pots by the front door are overflowing their boundies. Germania are popping out a wonderful display. There are new green shoots on the wisteria and some swelling bumps on the red climbing rose by my bedroom window. BUT when I talked with Evelyn this morning, she said she had ice on her garage roof. I'm sure things froze here last night, too. It is so comforting to have the fireplace blazing away when I get up in the morning. I think I waited until 10:00 to have breakfast. Now it is well time to start my day...putting drawers in order.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home