Gramma's Pen

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Blue Sapphire Starry Night

The body of the sweater is done. I've started on the ribbing of one sleeve. But, the fun part of the sweater is the yoke...I'm doing the back yoke, working in the smoky lighter blue for night sky. I'm fascinated by how the shadowing pine trees are turning out. There is a pattern showing with 3-D ripples. It ought to last forever because it will be machine washable and dryable acrylic yarn. Freckles has already "volunteered" me for a friendship sweater for our adopted daughter...I can hardly get things done for grandchildren and great-grandchildren...but I guess it really matters to her. At least, with my hands on knitting I can hardly get them into the refrigerator...even with those lucious peaches calling me.

On another note, I want to get back to my writing group, the Wayfarers. I have a pantoum ready, but Freckles suggested I do more stories. Maybe I'll finish up our camping trip up the heritage trail, or the Bobby piece, or even shopping at Ross. It seems to flow when I sit down at the keyboard.

Not so hot today, yet. Our front door is standing open and I'm relishing the view through our new screen door. There's green in the plants and grass, even new sprouts coming up at the base of our olive tree. No breeze, but it's pleasant enough for me to go sip my second cup of coffee while I watch our little world go by.

4 Comments:

  • I count you in on Knittery and my birthstone blogging. Perfect!

    By Blogger Jailgy, at 1:41 PM  

  • put an 's on Knittery for me

    By Blogger Jailgy, at 1:41 PM  

  • I think that sweater sounds beautiful. Sapphire is such a pretty color. Pictures please.

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 9:29 PM  

  • I remember now! I want you to write about the many station wagons you have known.

    By Blogger Kedge, at 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home