Gramma's Pen

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Only Wednesday

Here it is Wednesday already. My handy-dandy notebook is jammed full of ideas for my presentation for tomorroe morning. But...

Yesterday Kedg dropped me off at DMV so I could replace my California ID card. She made an appointment on line for me to see someone at 9:15 Tuesday morning. BJB was busy all morning with various and sundry things like being a monitor of sorts for BJB's field day at Bear's school down on Lincoln. So JWB was volunteered to come pick me up. I offered to walk, but my daughters nixed that idea. JWB was scheduled to ferry his sister and Josh to school at Acacia by 8:30 so just a jog brought him to DMV early. Took off for a library errand then back to DMV. Would you believe? They made me take off my glasses for the pic that obviously broke the camera. At any rate, they now have a new right thumbprint and new signature and I only need to wait about four weeks to get my ID in the mail. Meanwhile I have been carrying my old driver's license that expired on my birthday in 1997...afterall, it's the same address and number, and a much more flattering picture. My hair isn't all gray on it. While there, waiting in one of the myriad chairs, I bumped into my old co-worker, Pat. You remember when we had such a twit for a supervisor...she made us work every other weekend with an odd day off during the week? That meant Pat missed half her son's Little League games and I missed every other Breaking of Bread meeting. We decided that I would work all her Saturdays and she would work all my Sundays. We didn't ask permission, we just made our own schedule. I doubt if our super ever checked. We had the appropriate hours punched in on our time cards. As long as it added up to 40 was all that seemed to matter to her.

Monday afternoon our chairs were ready, fresh from the warehouse. CC borrowed Ladybug's big red truck and together, she and Kedg picked them up at LaZboy. No problem. The problem came at the back door...it was too narrow. And the back gate was also too narrow. So they drove aroundd to the front. I knew the front door was wide enough. That is the way our Refrigerator had to be delivered a while ago. Now, the old wing chairs are stacked "spoon-style" in the garage. Ladybug promises a garage sale in the near future. I hope it's soon. The pile in the corner of our garage is growing to mountainous proportions, you know, all those games, clothing etc., and odd furniture.

Kedg has jumped in with both feet in putting together plans for her birthday celebration in October at Kihei, Maui, Hawaii. She and Weeze and K-Wid and Canada Gal hope to go together at PF and KF's time-share condo.

This isn't getting my story written. My sestina was such a FLOP! I really have to put some effort into it this week.

3 Comments:

  • Don't sell GG's table!

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 1:15 PM  

  • Maui is on hold. No availability for the time/size we wanted

    By Blogger Kedge, at 5:49 PM  

  • Hope your presentation went swell! Procrastination sometimes brings out the best in writing.

    By Blogger SAJ, at 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home