Gramma's Pen

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Why did it take so long?

Well, I did it. I finally came to my senses and arranged with the nice WaMu people to automatically take funds monthly from my checking account and transfer them to a savings account. That way, every December and April, the property taxes will not hit me like a Mack Truck. I'll be ready. After all, I do have my Verizon, Cal Gas, Edison and Time Warner taken care of automaticaly. That's especially good since I have run out of checks. I have been managing with only my Debit Card. This is errand day and I've made my lists for: Bank, JoAnn's, Staples, Long's, Target and the Nursery for more potting soil. Thursday after Wayfarers' Group, Marjorie and I went to Siam Gardens and had wonderful soups...she had shrimp, I had coconut. Then we stopped by Henry's for blueberries. Can you imagine only 60 cents a box? They were so sweet and yummy I had Schnickle stop on her way home from the shop to pick up some more. Breakfast has never been better. Yesterday I had mapped out a plan: De-bone the chicken I had roasted. Put the skin and bones on to make broth. Put the Pumpernickle makings into the bread machine. Try to make a sourdough starter...it's now three days later. The sourdough HAS started, smells nice and sour...will put it all in the machine right after breakfast. Had Chinese with the cauliflowers yesterday, the Trucker had gospel last night. I think it shows that he does not get out to mid-week meetings. He seemed to strain a bit. We have a bright, bright Monday morning. I'll be out planting before it gets hot. Marshmallow told us that we are watering our Japanese Maple too much...that's what makes the ends of the leaves turn brown. I'm going to use my last slice of pumpernickle for my poached egg this morning.

2 Comments:

  • Maybe rethink Marshmallow's advice on watering. Too much water turns leaves yellow. Chemicals in the water turn the tips brown. Try using (gasp) bottled or filtered water or really soak and drain it to leach out all those chemicals.

    By Blogger Jailgy, at 1:34 PM  

  • But the maple is worth that much to me so I'll us bottled water.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home