Gramma's Pen

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Aftermath

Whew....we rested up real well last night. This morning I packaged my suppers for the rest of the week: Three meat balls leftover from the Smart and Final package, Deloris' leftover wild rice, grape-chili sauce. Three meat balls and plain rice anad sauce. Plain Rice and Chicken. Chicken, sweet potatoes. Rice, mushroom soup, paprika and chicken. Throw in some sauteed onions. Saute celery to go with onions and rice and chicken. A chicken and sweet potatoes are roasting in the oven with garlic. I've already packaged snacks...'Nilla wafers in a little baggie (less than 100 calories). The secret seems to be, eat a little, but often, and drink lots and lots of water. Fill up on vegetables. I've put the carcas from the leftover smoked chicken in a pot with plain water. That way I'll have a good broth basis for another sauce.

BB and BB (former Red Bluff residents) took KJA and me out to Millie's for lunch Sunday. JA and DA and JA went with us. KJA had her favorite oriental chicken salad...young JA had a hamburger and fries. The rest of us just happened to have tilapia. I brought half of mine home for supper tonight. BB and BB shared their meal...The portions were very generous.

Finally, after two years, my next door neighbor's house sold. The new owner is Sonia or Sonya, I'm not sure of the spelling. She's about KJA's age and works for Deutsch, I don't know doing what. I'm just glad the house is not empty any more.

I sure wish I could know whether or not this blogging is a waste of time...I need to get going again on my sestina for Thursday morning.

7 Comments:

  • Blogging is not a waste of time. Just do it when you have something to say and to keep the rest of us informed, like Knittery does.

    By Blogger Jailgy, at 3:50 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger ioi, at 10:48 AM  

  • Hi Grandma!
    Regarding your question on my blog about the horse population: It was down to 13 until Sir and I sold two of our horses. The reason there were fourteen horses to work that day was because my aunt brought a horse out with her when they came out with the horse trailer. So, now the ranch horse population is down to 11.

    By Blogger ioi, at 10:49 AM  

  • Repeat...blogging is not a waste of time! I check for your posts every time I go on the computer as I do everyone in the family. Even Snutch--and there's never change there! I love reading about what goes on in the family. I miss everyone. I talked to BB on Sunday nite and she made me homesick. I don't often have a lot of time to blog. So I can't do it every day. Maybe I'll blog about that. Go there.

    What's a carcas?

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 11:18 AM  

  • Carcass. What was left of the super smoked whole chicken that Dolores' brought to our Memorial day Meetings. What a profitable day! and only a few visitors. We took up Romans 8 (suggested by Fred) and had two reading meetings. "To be 'spiritually minded' is not to walk around looking righteous, but to have our thoughts guided and formed by the Spirit."

    By Blogger Kedge, at 8:12 AM  

  • P.S. I am on a pre-packaged meal plan, hence we make Mom packaged meals too. (And find it is easier anyway)

    By Blogger Kedge, at 8:15 AM  

  • Yes! Keep blogging...I especially like the recipes. I copied off the Pineapple Pork and the Orange Chicken recipes the other day. Now all I have to do is remember to pick up the ginger root when I'm at the store. BTW, would you happen to know the equivalent amount of sugar for Splenda?? If not I'll just add 'n taste 'til it seems right!
    ~Anna C.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home