Gramma's Pen

Friday, May 11, 2007

Just one stop on the way home

Thursday mornings Kedg drops me off at the Christian Church (Diciples of Christ) on her way to her new shop on Acacia. That is where the surviving Wayfarers meet to encourage each other and critique what we have written. CC and Ladybug pick up Glitter at pre-school and then come and get me to take me home. This week they said "Do you want to go home now or do you want to go to Smart and Final with us?" What a question! I can always find something, anything, that I really need there. How about toilet paper? How about meatballs for our Memorial Day meeting? How about
paper towels and honey and syrup and croutons and grated parmesan? How about, about, about? How about $88 dollars later?

I did pick up some flour tortillas flavored with sun dried tomatoes and basil for wraps...great for breakfast scrambed eggs with cheese and chives. I don't know if I'll ever be able to get back to this blogspot again.

I've been having a great time writing Pantoums again. You remember the formula...write 10 lines and then repeat each once. Like:

First verse lines 1, 2, 3, 4
Second verse lines 2, 5, 4, 6
Third verse lines 5, 7, 6, 8
Fourth verse lines 7, 9, 8, 10 and lastly
Fifth verse lines 9, 3, 10, 1

Just pick a subect and write around it...it can rhyme but doesn't have to. My latest:

Red Rose

I guess I'm having a "senior moment"
My climbing rose--what is its name?
Until I remember, I'll be in torment
Just forgotten? No, that's not the same.

My climbing rose--what is its name?
I raise the blind and open my window.
Just forgotten? No that's not the same.
I'll sleep on it and then I'll know

I raise the blind and open my window
The fragrant rose buds nod in the morning breeze
I'll sleep on it and then I'll know
Chandelier clusters are what one sees

The fragrant rose buds nod in the morning breeze
Celebrity is red, but a tomato, that's wrong
Chandelier clusters are what one sees
BLAZE! Of course! I knew it all along.

Celebrity is red, but a tomato, that's wrong
Until I remember I'll be in torment
BLAZE! Of course! I knew it all along.
I guess I'm having another "senior moment."

My next story will be about two German Shepherds, two Muscovy Ducks and a pair of cats, one Burmese and one gray Tabby. Must do some research so I don't make a mistake like having plastic grocery bags in 1956 (they weren't introduced into supermarkets until the mid-seventies).












t

3 Comments:

  • Great rhyming technique. Must be in the blood

    By Blogger Kedge, at 10:11 PM  

  • Beutiful pantoum! Loved it. Now, about parmesan. I found a recipe to make a bowl out of fresh grated. Use for a salad bowl. I don't have it here though. I'll get it later.

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 11:32 AM  

  • I always love stories that include German Shepherds!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home