Gramma's Pen

Sunday, February 11, 2007

What a wonderfull fellowship day...we had visitors from all over...a bunch of Adkins from Tehachapi, Tom and Marie from San Diego, Dan, Rachel and Kids from Walla Walla, of course, Clem and Mina who are wintering here from Illinois, Craig from Shadow Hills, John from Fullerton. Young Luke, back from Africa, had Sunday School. We worked on the second chapter of Hosea. Theme of meeting was about shepherds and lambs, etc. And we had pouring down rain. The cheapie umbrellas I put in the coatrack a while back, somehow have walked away during our dry summer. Yesterday JL and TL took me to the annual quilt show. I was really disappointed...not in the workmanship for most of it was good, but the choice of patterns was dull and the color combinations were atrocious. A couple of Bargello entries caught my eye as well as a few Double Irish Chains. KJ cleaned out some of the dead stuff from our little yard. That frost really hit hard. Went to Brocks for supper. Tried a new recipe for Sunday Lunch...POLISH SPRINGS...Twisty noodles, sauerkraut, Polilsh sausage, caraway seeds and sour cream. We had it warm, but I"m sure it would be good cold. Rose made a twisty noodle with pesto salad. It's really hard to be selective when going through the buffet line because everything looks so-o-o-o-o good. KJ brought me home right after lunch for I was really exhausted from the big day yesterday. I camped out with my weave-it loom in front of the fireplace...I sure can't get a square done in 15 minutes. Guess I'll just have to try harder.

2 Comments:

  • Welcome back! I missed reading your updates. 'Glad to hear you had such a lovely Lord's Day. We came home early too, but it was because we had overly tired kids due to local flu bugs.

    By Blogger ioi, at 8:16 PM  

  • We were in Walla Walla this week-end and almost sat in Rachel and Dan's row. We saw Craig's brother Glen, and another Luke had Sunday School on treasure in heaven and treasure on earth. We also met Fred and Sandra's grandaughter Zoe. Small world. Small coincidences.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home