Gramma's Pen

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Lavender Blue, Dilly, Dilly

Oh yeah...what has green flecks through and through and smells like garlic? My new loaf of French Bread! Beverly graciously shared her French Bread recipe with me and I put all the Ingredients into the machine and pushed the button after breakfast this morning. It rose clear up to the top of the contraption and baked to a golden crispy, brown. In fact, I had to cut off the equivalent of three slices before I could reach the fold back handle to lift the loaf out of the baker. The first fat slice I put in the toaster oven right away. That made my open face tuna sandwich for lunch. I relished that with tall glass of skinny cranberry juice. Perhaps I was a little heavy handed with the Dill Weed (a whole tablespoonful slipped into the batter), but with a like amount of granulated garlic it turned out to be just the way I like it.

6 Comments:

  • sounds devine and I don't even like dill very much!

    By Blogger SAJ, at 7:16 AM  

  • Oooops! I meant "divine". I know JG will catch that in a heart beat. Devine is a city in Texas. But maybe blue dilly dilly bread would be yummy in Texas too.

    By Blogger SAJ, at 7:17 AM  

  • Yumm! I can smell it! Save me some.

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 9:40 PM  

  • Whoz's idae wuz it to iliminate spelchek on blogher? i fynd it nessisarry

    By Blogger Kedge, at 8:02 AM  

  • yeah, I call for spelchek too! do you hear that blogger?!!!

    By Blogger SAJ, at 8:03 AM  

  • Huh? its gon?

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home