Gramma's Pen

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

And the thunder rolled and rolled and rolled

Could that be thunder? It's not warm enough for one of those refreshing summer storms, yet...

I opened one eye, the right one, I can only wink my left eye...the right one doesn't see much. Anyway I perceived that hazy pre-dawn gentle light filtering through my blind and drapery. The digital clock on my bureau said 6:52. I tried to go back to sleep even though two furry balls took their half of the bed out of the middle. I clung to the edge.

Bump, bump, bump...in my half-awake state I dreamed Kedj was doing the treatment of our white things in the washer...Now a rattle, rattle, "HELP ME! HELP ME! M-O-M!!!" I came fully awake and bounded out of bed I stumbled down the hallway...her room was empty, the bathroom was empty. The dogs followed, curious, but not barking because they recognized her frantic call. The living room was empty as was the kitchen and dining area. There she was in her bed socks and robe out on the patio shivering.

The back gate was locked and the key was hung inside by the garage door. She couldn't climb over the fence like Comfortably Crazy does because we had moved the garbage can into the garage. The curtain rod that secures the partly open sliding glass door had fallen back down into the track. Two happy waggy tailed creatures slipped out the opening to greet her...I removed the rod and slid open the door so poor little Kedj could get back into the house to warm up with a hot shower. Three of us went back to bed.

What a way to start the morning!

1 Comments:

  • Don't you hate it when one of your kids yells frnatically for you and you have no idea why? Too scary.

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home