Gramma's Pen

Friday, April 18, 2008

Creeping, crawling

My speed has diminished. My steps are faltering. My balance was left by the wayside. I am happy. I am satisfied. I am blessed. I have never been in want. The Lord has always provided. There are many things I can do...not the least of which is writing. In my purse I keep a notebood, about 5"x6" and in it I jot down thoughts I need to expand at a later time. You know, things like Sleigh Rides snuggled under woolen blankets, riding with new snowflakes that tickled my nose. I can still hear the horse clop, clop along in soft, fresh powdery snow, snorting steamy breath. He wore little bells on his harness that tinkled on our way. Then there was the stop for hot chocolate with marshmallows and donuts. Yes, I can still smell that cocoa.

I don't know why I'm thinking of snow. This morning the four of us, Kedj, Bobbie, Lily and I sat out on our swing and watched the birds. We'd moved the swing from the patio to the front of our little garden where we have the pavers. Kedj has placed a row of the scalloped edging stones flat along the pavers. This makes it just wide enough for my walker. We were able to get a narrower wrought iron type glider and new cushions for the patio. Of course we did all this before my hospital bill came...from a collection agent yet. I hadn't even received a bill for my stay in July. At any rate, they waived the interest and agreed that I could pay $100 a month. The Lord is good! By telephone I arranged to have the little that is left of my old IRA transferred to my account at WAMU. Heath, the fellows who are now wearing orange jumpsuits in jail sure messed up everything for lots of Hemet senior citizens. We're doing just fine...now that the nice weather is here I spend a lot of time in our extended home outside. It seems we have the space of a mansion. Now that it is already Saturday, we have compiled our list of weekly chores/errands. I've had my coffee (Kedj always makes it first off) so I'm ready for breakfast. I'm having poached egg on spinach, ww toast and some cantaloupe balls.

3 Comments:

  • hooray for Saturday! I am looking forward to planting today, a perfect, cool day...just right for shock prone re-planted flowers

    By Blogger Kedge, at 9:24 AM  

  • I like the idea of the outdoors being an extra room... What a mansion indeed!

    By Blogger SAJ, at 2:47 PM  

  • You sure keep busy! And I can imagine the peace (and birds!) on that back patio drinking a nice hot cup of coffee.

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home