Gramma's Pen

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hip, hip, horray!

Yesterday was a real BANNER DAY all day long. First off Freckles made me coffee in her French press. Bones came by as I was having lunch of a few leftover hash browns from the golf course restaurant and steamed spinach. (I do love spinach). She had a bag of sushi and miso soup, and sat right down and we chatted together while we relished our Japanese meal. I even shared my wasabi because she didn't get any. No sooner than I heard the garage door go down after she left, it went up againa to admit Ladybug who had agreed to take me to the optometrist to pick up my new glasses. I'm getting so scatter-brained that I stood in the elevator while she parked the van. I kept pushing the black button that said "2" and nothing happened. I didn't feel the car moving. I pushed open and saw I was still on the ground floor. So I pushed closed and then "2" again...still nothing. By that time Ladybug had arrived and looked me in the face when I pushed open again and found myself still on the ground floor. Ah, well, then I realized it was the little white clear button beside the "2" we moved up. I like my new glasses, this time they are pinkish plastic and a lot lighter on my nose. Because I didn't plan to go out again that day, I got into my nightie to relax. I was on my way to the kitchen toi make some popcorn when the doorbell rang. With my new windowed door I was able ti see ut was LaLa so I opened to her. She brought the quilt she had made for JRL and CT. It is absolutely beautiful...chocolate brown with pale blue accents. She calls the pattern Double Nine Patch. She also made a pillow embroidered (on her new electronic machine)) with some leftover pale blue from the quilt...her favorite wedding verse.

So, there you have it. Rather I must say I had it...visits from all four of my California girls on the same day. I am so grateful. I even got e-mail from my daughter up North. Isn't the Lord good to me?

1 Comments:

  • Pink glasses? Are they cat eyes? ha ha! I still can visualize my pink cat eyes with sparkles. My first pair? or were those the red ones?

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home