Gramma's Pen

Friday, February 06, 2009

Rain, rain, don't go away

How happy we are to hear the rain in our bathrooms...it patters on the ventilators in the ceiling. It's almost as the patter on a tin roof. Can you see bright and gloomy at the same time? Since I haven't written for quite some time I felt I needed to get with it before I have to learn all over again and lose my password and all that good stuff. We have a fire going. Bobby is stretched out on a plush blanket, (my lavender plush blanket, my birthday present from LaLaLee). Lily is curled up on the end of the sofa as close as she can get to the fire. Bobby is not about to give up his space. I think she respects that. I'm feeling pretty good today in spite of my shenanigans last night before meeting. Becky needed my quilting tools for the "Wedding Ring" class she and LaLa are taking this morning. So I was able to retrieve my rulers and got down on the floor to pull out my cutting board which I had stored flat under the bed. Kedj pulled my other sewing supplies from the garage shelf. But, while she was rooting around on those shelves, I was stuck on the floor. My legs just would not work. The mattress was too high for me to get any leverage. Lily cried with me and I got lotsa kisses. Finally Kedj came back to see what was taking so long for me to get into the car for meeting. Of course I was sobbing because I got to feeling so very, very old. I was sitting with one foot flat on the floor, but it was the left foot and it does not work even to the getting in and out of the car. With her encouragement and a gentle shove from behind I was able to work my way over to my recliner and get leverage on the seat thereof, then the arms. I am so glad I did not fall, so I don't even have any pains beyond my usual low back (I've already taken my tylenol this morning. We are all excited about the Riverside Dickens' Festival tomorrow. Sadly more rain and even thunderstorms are predicted. If nothing else, we will enjoy the Victoria Tea.

I am so glad I signed up for another course in Memoir Writing with a different instructor. The group has varied backgrounds which makes it more interesting. Our assignment for next week is to write ten opening sentences that "grab" you and entice you to read further in your article or story. That is what I must do now for tomorrow will be in Riverside DV and Sunday is all day meeting.

1 Comments:

  • I'm sure glad Kedj is there. Wish I could be more of a help. I guess with my MIL here I am by proxy:) (We went to the hearing aid place yesterday and had a mocha after at BLENDZ.)

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home