Gramma's Pen

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Plumb, Plumber, Plumbing

Rah, Rah, Hooray! In what our second and third plumbers told us would cost $480, Mr. Do-it-all-fixit-man repaired our problem in my bathroom in only one half hour. Was that original a scam or what? How grateful we are to have such close by friends, not more than a mile away. I had a nice visit with his better half while we basked by the fire burning brightly in our fireplace. Freckles helped with moral support in the back room. Our visiting lady said she had been working on a new sticker idea when doing scripture bookmarks yesterday afternoon. Also said they had found a new barbecue place where the two of them can have supper for $6 when they split a sandwich. I'm afraid we'll have to wait until next month before we go galivanting around eating out. We have lots of good stuff in the freezer because I just couldn't resist the special sales at Stater Bros. I do shop using the weekly flyer and the red tags on the grocery shelves. But you know, 99 cents a pound for chicken or pork strips is just too enticing to pass up.

We have decided against going to the quilt show this afternoon. My daughter reminded me that I have other projects to complete (quite true) and that I only get excitedly enthused when I see other peoples' work displayed. In fact, said daughter found not only the aqua and hot pink finished quilt top I started for Rapunzel's birthday last May, but also for myself, one Double Irish Chain in yellow, blue and frosty maroon already stuffed and pinned ready to stitch in the ditch and another top in watery blues and greens and a sprinkling of red accents. I should have my swiss cheese stuffed head examined, or maybe get off the computer and get some real work done. See ya later!

3 Comments:

  • I've never seen the last two. They sound really pretty.

    I wanted to go to the show and was right across the street from it, but I didn't. I already have enough projects to keep me busy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:32 AM  

  • I'm so relieved about the plumbing! I was going to comment on how preposterous that sounded, but when I came back to comment it was resolved. Yay!

    By Blogger SAJ, at 10:40 AM  

  • Ha! That's the same reason I cannot go into yarn shops - even Joannes and Michaels.
    Glad your plumbing is fixed.

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home