Gramma's Pen

Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Day's March Nearer Home

It's almost 7:00 . . . time for our favorite programs from the British Isles. I do so like their sense of humor. All kidding aside. We just got home from Harold Widholm's funeral. It was a beautiful day, bright sunshine in Glendale Area, a tantalizing gentle breeze at a replica of Old North Church in Bostom. Bob Trim faithfully presented the gospel with lots of our favorite verses. Carolyn Widholm played a delightful medley of hymns. Bob Nakka spoke to the living dead to be sure they understood eternity. Saw lots and lots of old friends . . . Gordon and Alice Gooding, Bill and Lois Lee, Gordie, Irene, Tom. Marie and Wendy Woehl, Al and Kathy Wright, Betty Jean and her daughter. If I weren't so tired I could think of more. Maybe tomorrow. I am right now feeling so very, very grateful for my family, my meeting family and how they all seem to put the shoulder to the wheel and comfort, sustain and pray for sustenance. Someone always comes through in time of need.

9 Comments:

  • Wish I could have been there. I sure miss those folks. Could you email Elaine's address?

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 9:20 PM  

  • I totally forgot to look for Stan and Patty. Wasn't Elaine a Trim? I saw some Jensen's and some other pre-Burbank Raven folks, I think. Mom said she met with one. I saw Irene but couldn't get near her before we left.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:44 AM  

  • Graig told me that he and Roger share a Great Grandmother, that his grandma and Rog's were sisters. I hope I have that right.

    By Blogger Kedge, at 4:16 PM  

  • stan and patty weren't there - they aren't related to the widholms. (that's what my dad said last night :) )

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:46 AM  

  • I don't know all those people. Having family is good. There is always someone to count on.

    By Blogger Jailgy, at 1:37 AM  

  • 3 T boys, and 3 K girls. Charles T married Bernice (unknown initial). Walt T married Jean K. Bob T married Doris K. Harold W married Elaine K.

    So Wayne and Stan are *not* cousins, but everyone else is.

    It was a lovely day, especially nice after being very hot just the weekend before.

    be good.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:48 PM  

  • Happy Birthday Grandma!!! We love you!

    By Blogger ioi, at 1:12 PM  

  • Happy Birthday Gramma!!! I miss you!

    By Blogger Gliterwolf, at 5:54 PM  

  • Write another post soon! Maybe tell us your version of your birthday surprise? 'Love you!

    By Blogger ioi, at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home