Gramma's Pen

Monday, August 28, 2006

UNDER THE BED

Here goes one more time. This time I'll take it slow and methodical. Before KJA flew off to Canada and her Teaching Assignment, I misplaced my glasses. So the whole week I spent with RJB I wore my spares, the ones that kept slipping down my nose, the ones that were not bifocals and therefore I needed to take them off to read scripture references and to read the hymnbook. Shortly after that, I misplaced my hearing aids. I'm really having a time adjusting. Sometimes I hear quite well with them, pick up all the rustling and baby cries. Lately I've noticed, it seems they are like plugs stuck in to keep out ALL sound. I have been persevering, but then lost them. RJB helped me look. She lifted up the quilt at the end of JWB's bed and there they were, snug in their handy-dandy little black case. Hurrah!! Wednesday evening when I came back home I went on the wrong side of my bed to turn on my fan. You guessed it. I lifted the side of the quilt and EUREKA, there they were languishing bare under the bed. Problem solved. NOW, all I have to do is look under some bed or other and find the collection of recipes and lists of requests from NLG that I recently put in a SAFE place.

3 Comments:

  • I didn't know you had lost and found them twice! Maybe you should keep them in the refrigerator?

    By Blogger Jailgy, at 5:08 PM  

  • Anyway you look at it, you should keep them in one place and one place only. Maybe in your ears? Would it ruin them to keep them in the fridge? I'm not preaching! This from years of experience of misplacing everything (whose daughter am I?)and from having a husband and father who promote as a mantra "a place for everything and everything in its place."

    It's good to hear from you again.

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 6:07 PM  

  • I love this post.

    By Blogger SAJ, at 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home