Gramma's Pen

Thursday, July 20, 2006

sugar sugar sugar sugar

Well, things were going so well. I was feeling good, had a bit more energy. Looked on the bright side. Have been watching portions with meals. Now, this moring...blooyee. My sugar is up to 310. Can you believe it? That's a fasting sample, too. Decided not to go to Wayfarers Writers this morning...maybe next week. Last night had rice, shrimp, avocado and a quasi KlondikeBar. Maybe my body is just shifting gears, what with my healthy life style of cutting down on the calories and carbs. Dining room table is still covered (Kedg and I still found space for breakfast). Only have one BIG box to go through...to separate into smaller boxes so Jecky can help me shred. Must get back to the kitchen...left before loading the dishwasher.

8 Comments:

  • Your day sounds like mine. Watching my food intake. Opting to have a bowl of strawberries instead of the second half of a calorie ridden muffin. Last nite had Aztec Chicken with rice and salsa. (Forgoed (?) the avocado). Cutting down carbs and calories, too. Sifting through papers to shred and/or throw away. Unloaded the dishwasher. And worked on Aristo's on-line catalogue til our programmer didn't allow me to input any more info. (He must be working on it on his end).

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 11:36 AM  

  • That number 310 is not good at all. Did you drink a big glass of water to help bring it down? That's even too high to try to walk it off. Maybe rice is another thing to put on your no-no list. That would be awful. What is a quasi KlondikeBar?

    By Blogger Jailgy, at 5:24 PM  

  • Slim-a-Bear bars by klondike. No added sugar, reduced fat. 170 calories, 9g fat.

    By Blogger Gramma, at 5:28 PM  

  • I had a muffin today that had 460 calories!!!!!!! *Gasp!* I was shocked and then I went and ate another one...don't follow my example...930 calories for breakfast?!?!? I need one of those klondike bars.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:24 PM  

  • Mom found out, after an even worse reading of 410, that her monitor wasn't the one she'd been using regularly, that one had been calibrated for other test-strips. Whew! 214 tonight after super

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:48 PM  

  • I mean supper

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:49 PM  

  • Super supper?

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 9:08 PM  

  • Forgo, Forgoing, Forgone, Forwent.

    By Blogger Kedge, at 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home