Gramma's Pen

Monday, July 17, 2006

Cause for celebrations

Hooray! Susie took me to see Dr. Hsu this morning and I got a clean bill of health. My color was good, my blood pressure was an amazing 105/60, sugar a mere 115 and there were no more funny sounds in my chest, and not even a residual cough. He checked my medication list and decided I didn't need one of the blood pressure medicines and when I told him I got tired very easily, he prescribed thiamine and decided I should exercise a little more each day.

We had birthday dinner for Boyup yesterday #21! Kedj went to Broccoli house between BofB and Sunday School to put on the leg of lamb. Saturday night I was allowed to peel about four heads of garlic and cut them into nice slivers. Jail brought her special potato casserole and a scrumptious spinach dip with sour dough dippers. (we also had doritos and potato chips on hand). Soup brought a special green salad of romaine and spinach. Cupcake made his famous bean dip...not too spicy this time. I added some frozen peas, mint jelly and some rolls. On request Jecky Bones made turtle cake and her ever resourceful better half brought out ice cream and Martinellis. I behaved and stayed out of the kitchen. Number one son helped set the table and poured water. Number two son went to Mexico with Dug and family. Number three son unpackaged the rolls and put them on cookie trays. Daughter dear put ice in goblets and continued to set table. Everyone did a little bit...no one had to work too hard. Wish you all could have been with us.

Best of all, I feel good.

6 Comments:

  • Welcome back! We had fun yesterday. That was the best lamb I have ever eaten.

    By Blogger Jailgy, at 7:33 PM  

  • I am so glad to see your'e feeling much better and at the computer again.

    By Blogger Gliterwolf, at 9:31 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Gliterwolf, at 9:31 PM  

  • Yay! Glad you posted Grandma! I got your email but it's late and my eyes are red and burning... I will write you back tomorrow. Love you!

    By Blogger SAJ, at 11:02 PM  

  • Hey, hey! It's good to hear from you! I'm glad you're doing so well. Only wish I could have been at that dinner. It sounds delish!

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 10:02 AM  

  • Though I didn't miss the main course, I missed the company. Looking forward to reading some of your stories.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home