Gramma's Pen

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Eight hour solution

I'm sorry to say that Gramma still does not have internet access on her new/old computer. Kedge ordered a router yesteday and it came today. That was fast, Verizon! After meeting I, Jailgy, went over to help Kedge set it up. First of all, I hate online manuals, especially 103 page ones. Give me paper and ink that I can go sit in a comfy chair and peruse, flip pages and consult the index. Kedge and I tried to make sense of it and finally just plugged in cables anywhere they fit and hoped for the best. No, the worst happened. Now even Kedge can't get online. A call to Verizon tech support resulted in a two hour conversation that ended with, "Unplug everything for eight hours and try again." What? I never heard of that solution. I think the tech gets off in eight hours and wanted someone else to deal with the problem. I will go over tomorrow and see if that really did the trick. Setting up a network is not my favoritest thing to do. It never goes smoothly.

3 Comments:

  • I wish I was there to help you. I don't mind setting up computers and such. I like to figure out what goes where. Hope it's not too much of a problem for you. Looking forward to reading your stuff.

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 12:17 PM  

  • Great...we're up and running and Kedj is not even home from work yet!

    By Blogger Gramma, at 4:05 PM  

  • yay!!!!!

    By Blogger SAJ, at 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home