Gramma's Pen

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Ready

Are you ready? My recent "vacation" in the hospital made this very clear...I'm not! After moving my winter things finally to the back corner of my closet I looked at my four file drawers in the corner. Ugh!! Everything from aging to zilch. In the corners of my bedroom were piles of important things waiting to be filed. While I was gone, Kedg had carefully piled various and sundry things (including old greeting cards) into a big plastic box. Long ago she learned not to throw anything away. Now all is piled on my dining room table. Jecky Bones has promised to come and help me shred what is unneccessary. Do I really need to keep State Farm statements for the past nine years? Anyway that is my project for today, at least to get and label boxes like: financial, correspondence, crafts, recipes, memoirs, Peppertree, etc. I guess the list will grow as I dig in. It's so hot already, but I'll have the fan going.

Does anyone remember Texas Tacos? That's one recipe I clipped from Woman's Day in the 50's. One pound of ground beef, one packet of onion soup mix, one cup of catsup. Then make regular pancakes substituing one cup of cornmeal for one of the cups of flour. To make a casserole for a picnic or potluck, merely fill the pancakes with meat mixture, roll up. Then serve with a generous dollop of sour cream and some shredded cheddar. We used to like it a lot.

3 Comments:

  • Yes!! I remember them! I remember too, that we would ask, "Where's the syrup?" Since then my taste has changed and I like anything that resembles Tex/Mex.

    Funny you should talk about organizing your files. I was doing just that this AM and wondering what to shred and what to keep. Maybe I should just close my eyes and shred? I hate decisions.

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 11:17 AM  

  • Yeah, I remember them, too! In Hawaii. I liked them cause you could build your own like curry. Don't tell me you still have that recipe?

    By Blogger Jailgy, at 4:33 PM  

  • La La Lee. . . that was the recipe

    By Blogger Gramma, at 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home