Gramma's Pen

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Beautiful

Saturdays we usually run errands...to the bank...to JoAnn's...toK-mart for feet for my walker...to Home Depot because K-mart did not have needed feet...to the supermarket. Of course, this is the time for Bobby's special treat. "Ridin in the car." He seems to know which day of the week is Saturday and does a real Irish Jig accompanied with happy bark. Yesterday he and KJA went to Long's and K-mart while I rode around the market in the motorized chariot. Then he stayed home with the "stuff" while KJA and I went to the west end of our town to the beauty shop. We were washed, she was cut and set, I got a real professional perm, cut, set, "the works" Now we both are BEAUTIFUL! Later we picked up grandson "D" and went car shopping. We thought we wanted a Honda Civic. When we took it for a test drive we discovered a very disconcerting flashing speedometer sitting on the dashboard. UGH!! Then when K tried to get out of the elevated driver's seat it was awkward...had to lower the seat again or squeeze out from under the steering wheel. NO GO. Since all the auto firms are located in the same spot we sidled over to the Toyota dealer and checked out the Corolla. It had everything necessary, even a sun roof. We all were smitten. Then the salesman said interest rate on a loan was 6.9% . Since K's credit score was above 790 he reluctantly said well how about 6.5%? We drove away sadly. That was just too much interest to pay. So we know the car we would like to have, we'll no doubt check out other dealers in Riverside and Temecula and I'll inquire at the credit union in Oakland to see what they can do.

4 Comments:

  • Katz & Kedge told me about these blogs at Lassen and so I thought I would just pop in and say hi! I'm glad you are back on your feet again! Don't like to hear that my Sunday School teacher from our Oakland days isn't feeling very well :) Kedge said not to give much identifying info here, but if you'll read my comment to her in her 8/9 post, I think you'll know for sure who I am. Love, anna

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 AM  

  • Sounds like Bobby is a real treasure. And a lot of good company, too. Hope Kedge gets the car she wants and with a good rate.

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 8:25 PM  

  • I think the gramma of all writers needs to write something.

    By Blogger Jailgy, at 5:52 PM  

  • Hey mom,where are you?

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home