Gramma's Pen

Saturday, July 22, 2006

smatterings

What a difference! RJAB came over yesterday with BJ and helped me with years' of accumulated papers and stuff while BJ watched Animal Planet. There is still a pile to go, the health care, geneology smatterings . . . but the financial junk is under control and neatly filed in labeled folders. Heat . . . I'm told it was 110 yesterday. I didn't go outside. My new helper from SCAN came at 9 and left at 11 . . . My sheets were changed, bathroom cleaned, kitchen swept, living room vacuumed and dusted, bedroom vacuumed and dusted and two loads of wash were partially done (because of the elec alert we postponed drying). Her name is Bethalyn, she said I could call her Beth, and has three children, says her youngest graduated from highschool this year. I have the air conditioner going day and night . . . only set at 78-80. I'm working on sending family recipes to KJA because she says she has a special program to make them into a book for all to share. If I just do a few a day, maybe in a year I'll have them done.

4 Comments:

  • Looking forward to the recipe book!

    Can I borrow your AC? We have none and every floor going up gets hotter and hotter by about 20 degrees. Then when you open the bedroom door it's like opening a 450 degree oven!

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 10:57 AM  

  • Ta and En are in desperate need of that recipe book.

    By Blogger Jailgy, at 12:44 PM  

  • Not KJA butKLA. You through me for a loop!

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 6:19 PM  

  • Kafyrn threw me through a loop though. It was tough.

    By Blogger Jailgy, at 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home