Gramma's Pen

Friday, July 28, 2006

Wonder of Wonders

My electric bill came today. KJA and Bobby went up to the mailbox to pick up our usual letters, brochures for trips to Alaska and Austria, shopping papers, etc. When I got up at about 7:30, she had already ripped open the message from Edison Electric. I am on a "level pay" plan, as well as a Senior Plan. It seems I've accumulated enough credits throughout the year, that there was the necessary yearly "adjustment." Would you believe? My usual $30 a month was downsized to $27 a month! I thank the Lord for taking such good care of me in instances like this and through the help ($$$), care and prayers of my children. Sometimes I think they are a bunch of knuckleheads, but they are out there for me. I am truly grateful.

I went to our Wayfarers' group yesterday. KJA dropped me off and Ingrid took me home. I was a little leary, because, with all the medication she takes for her depression, she slept through most of the readings. Only six of us were there. JB is in Texas visiting her little sister. Marlene is taking a class at the college in drawing so she can illustrate the book she is writing for her granddaughter. Marjorie is busy with Habitat for Humanity. She's on the board. For some reason this screen cuts off the first few letters of what I am writing. You'll just have to guess at what I've said. I haven't heard at all from SMc or DCA or JLG or RJB. The last times I've called them, they seemed too busy and were annoyed at the interruption of whatever they were doing. GG used to complain about not hearing from her children. I suggested she call them. She was flabbergasted. "Why would I do that?" Now I understand her viewpoint. While I brush my teeth at night, I just say goodnight to them to their pictures on the wall above my closet. Then, when I climb into my bed, I can look up on my other wall and pray for my grandchildren, one by one. Not to forget...on the other wall are some of my precious great-grandchildren. I'll have to ask SAJ for a recent pic of Rapunzel and her little sister, SHMc.

Bethalyn is here today. SCAN decided I needed extra help, so, she has been coming Tuesdays and Fridays for two houirs each morning. It is amazing what she gets done, especially things I have put aside to do "sometime later." Last Tuesday she scrubbed all the fingerprints off my table and chairs in the dining area. Today she will change my sheets, and do laundry. Bobby loves her because she brings all the smells of her three little dogs. Bobby calls, I must go open the door for him.

3 Comments:

  • I wish I were there to help you but I would probably leave those fingerprints for "next time"! I would love to organize your closets for you and help you toss! But since I can't be there the Lord has given me something else to do and that is to help take care of Aunt Ruth and her current dilemma. BTW I have the same problem you do when trying to post. Only I didn't hit the wrong key and delete--Moki did!!!!!

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 1:26 PM  

  • I will have to get on SMc's case for you. She's never too busy for you. She's just taking too many naps these days. Did she give you the little flip book I made for you? Ask her for it when you see her. She's supposed to be carrying it around in her purse.

    What size do you need of the munchkins? 8x10? I'll see what I can do. Flickr is great you can order all kinds of things from them. If you have photos in mind, let me know. Or maybe it is portrait time. I'm due for a visit but I am booked up first 2 weekends in August. Sorry to ramble. Maybe I should just email you.

    By Blogger SAJ, at 2:56 PM  

  • your blog entry is older than mine! i have nothing to say, i am not the writer, i am the organizer.

    By Blogger Jailgy, at 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home