Gramma's Pen

Friday, October 20, 2006

Soup's on

Some 'bug' is trying to catch me. My nose is running. I'm running as fast as my walker can go. I'm guzzling down Emergen-C and tea and water. I even had dried lima bean soup for lunch. As soon as I knew DKG and JLAG would be back from Springfield I got out the crockpot and ham hock and put them on. All I had to do was wash the dried limas, slice an onion, cover with tap-water and let-er-rip all day long. I didn't even add salt as the ham hock was salty enough. It was done in time for KJA to take it to meeting last night. It seemed a little loose, so I reserved one cup of the lumps and put the rest through the blender. It thickened up nicely. Back in went the lumps. I had the leftovers for lunch with leftover green limas dumped in. It made a nice combination. However, Bobby claimed my portion of the ham hocks. I finally found some bread in the freezer...just about half a loaf...I couldn't find it this morning and had croutons with my scrambled eggs...not half bad. When I got out the top round for Swiss Steak for supper, I did find the bread. The "shower gang" stayed after meeting to arrange decorating...Chili Peppers, Desert Mural, Cactus. Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Ovens, Old Suitcases, etc. I'm going to take a little nap and then will make the Green Chili-Cheese-Corn Corn Muffins for Matt and Carolyn's party tomorrow afternoon

2 Comments:

  • Oohh! Sounds like you're going to have a fun shower. Do you have pics? I would like to see how everything turned out.

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 12:23 PM  

  • The soup was excellent. Thanks so much.

    By Blogger Jailgy, at 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home