Gramma's Pen

Friday, March 26, 2010

GERANIUM

Spring iz sprung
The grass is riz
I know just where
The flowers iz

Yep! In my front yard, and the back yard, too, I have bright red flowers blooming their fool heads off. GERANIUMS or is it GERANIA? What started out as a few cuttings from my neighbor, multiplied into much joyful happiness. My dreams of a good old English Garden disappeared a long time ago. Afterall, this is Hemet and Hemet nourishes only four things: cactus (which I abhor), spider plant, crape myrtle and geranium. Sometimes hollyhocks bravely struggle to raise their heads, and occasionally we'll find early sweet peas, but California poppies peter out, daisies wilt under the sunshine and heat, daffodils and iris bloom in a hurry and are gone before they have to experience those horrid blasts of dry, hot westerly winds. Because Freckles had some after work errands to do this week, I took Lily for her necessary walk up and down the front sidewalk. I so enjoyed coming home and being welcomed by those Chinese red f;owers, spaced out, standing straight and tall, daring the aftenoon sun to do its thing to try to wilt them. Ah yes,

"...trust in the living God,who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;" I Timothy 6:17

4 Comments:

  • Hi Grandma! 'Just wanted to say, I love you. And thank you for still blogging!
    'Heard you might be up this way in a month perhaps? That would be great! :)

    By Blogger ioi, at 5:22 PM  

  • My chitalpa tree blooms profusely all through the summer. It is my favorite because of that.

    By Blogger Jailgy, at 12:38 AM  

  • We'd love to have you spend a day with us while you're here. I'm sure we can figure out which one as the time draws closer!

    By Blogger ioi, at 9:34 AM  

  • Jailgy...did you mean CATALPA?
    I'm not familiar with Chitalpa.

    By Blogger Gramma, at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home