Gramma's Pen

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Getting Ready

Peppertree development, all 33 of us are having a community garage sale on Saturday. Oh what treasures we've found! And to think they have been collecting and multi-plying on our garage shelves for most of the twenty-two years we have lived in this house. Just why do we really need to have a port-a-crib? When we have guests with small children they just use folded up blankets on the floor or egg crates. And in this age of electronics and electricity, why do we harbor a treadle sewing machine? There are boxes of Tupperware and pots and pans; camping equipment and oodles of vases and glassware. Some of it is quite pretty so no doubt we'll keep it and use it when we find some storage shelves in our kitchen. We're getting excited about decorating with SueBee's Party Flags and our party garlands of silver and green. We'll hang the Chinese lanterns and space out some outgrown clothes. Freckles already prepared some freshly planted terra-cotta saucers. Today I'll give some spider plant startings a home in pretty gray ceramic pots. Deb plans to bring some Austrian crystal earrings that she's made. I have some beach robes and towels for sale. Maybe CC will bring her 30's style aprons. I have been reminded that a garage sale is just that...getting rid of stuff!

1 Comments:

  • I wish I could be there! I need new cast-offs. Did JL tell you she is helping me redecorate my house? We finish next year.

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home