Gramma's Pen

Monday, October 26, 2009

One potato...two potato...three potato...four

I am glad I like potatoes. I am REALLY glad. My several doctor friends are trying very hard to improve my quality of life in these years of fading away. Doctor Q says, by all means, cut out sugar to control your diabetes. Yep! I try. Doctor R says: "You cannot tolerate ANY milk products. (I LIKE cheese). Alas. Doctor X tells me I cannot eat anything raw. So there goes salad, and in California yet. Doctor Y suggests limiting fruit because of high sugar content. Oh my. Doctor Z quips salt is not good for your blood pressure. Doctor reminds me that spinach works wonders with vitamin K...remember when we had to increase your coumadin? Doctor W warns against cabbage, brussels sprouts, sauerkraut, cauliflower, broccoli and onions. (too much gas) My German heritage rebels and clings with ragged fingernails. Oh well. Doctor M cautions against anything with seeds. There go strawberries, raspberries, tomatoes, cucumbers, poppy seed muffins and even zucchini. Doctor N says NO CHOCOLATE and he wasn't kidding. Mrs. Sees, it was nice knowing you.

Potatoes here I come. Whether boiled, baked, French fried, mashed, twice stuffed, scalloped, soup, stewed, roasted in a campfire, grated into pancakes, topping onto shepherd's pie...you are for me!

Now all you lurkers out there in cyberland, take a minute and say hello.

3 Comments:

  • Crazy doctors! Also, hello! Love you Gramma.

    By Blogger SAJ, at 2:43 PM  

  • Yum! I wouldn't mind a potato diet! But I thought they were high in sugar and would make your insulin soar?

    By Anonymous kathy, at 10:59 PM  

  • You caught me!!
    Love hearing your stories. One of my favorite ways to have a baked potato is sourcream with some lemon pepper and salt. Num Num!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home