Gramma's Pen

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Moving on

I often wonder how or where or when I ever had time to hold down a job. But, I'm retired and should have all the time in the world. I don't. My knitting stares at me from my big blue basket in the living room, right by the fireplace. My weaving snuggles by my recliner in my bedroom. The piles of "stuff" from my old shelves in the garage call out to me. My collection of recipes for NLG and TLG are waiting to be compiled into a family cookbook. The startings of smocking for little girl dresses are waiting on my closet floor. Most of the scraps for my fence rail quilt wait neatly in a big plastic, lidded stow-away. There are starters of red geraniums already to be put into larger pots. I have some rubber plant branches waiting to stick into small pots. I even have a new bag of potting soil. The sky looks blue so maybe I can breathe without my mask. Shades of all those preventative white gauze thingies they hoock over their ears. I am making progress. The cans and bottles and rags for shoe polishing have been moved into an appropriate sized box and labeled for the garage. So now all my notepaper and greeting cards and address books and stamps are neatly filed in the antique box. I DID FIND MY SHOEHORN right where I put it in my top middle bureau draw. Now it is safely hung on my bedroom door. Kedg found my glasses AGAIN on the floor by my bed. (I have to take them off to read). She found my hearing aids in the bathroom by my toothbrush. Logical, eh what? I don't have to think about supper for she has found some lovely Dan'l smoked kielbasa in the freezer so I'll just make some mashed potatoes and steam some broccoli. Last night we had some salmon stuffed with creamed spinach, a Henry's special. I finished up my chicken twisty noodle soup for breakfast. I'll get out the crockpot and start the soup bone and cabbage and onion. When I put it on low all day, all those lovely flavors meld nicely. Since Coit is coming today to estimate the cost of cleaning my rugs and sofa, it would be very wise to sign off and get dressed, so that's what I'm going to do.

6 Comments:

  • Yes, I do know how to spell hook and drawer. I just don't know how to do a spell check and then publish. In the past I've often lost everything, so don't try anymore.

    By Blogger Gramma, at 12:02 PM  

  • What make are your hearing aids and have you always worn this mamufacturers'?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:41 AM  

  • Gramma, you are the reason I want to be a writer. Your words just flow and flow and flow and I'm right there being you. I love you!

    By Blogger SAJ, at 6:32 AM  

  • Feels good to get organized, doesn't it?

    I agree with SAJ. When you write I feel like I'm right there with you and can imagine everything you are doing. Keep writing!!

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 10:25 AM  

  • I think the hearing aids are called Starkey. I had to take my glasses off to read the label and hold my right eye shut because it sees fuzzy.

    By Blogger Gramma, at 2:04 PM  

  • If you click on my slides the show actually stops and you can see the picture you clicked on enlarged. Try it and let me know you got this message.

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home