Gramma's Pen

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Bells are ringing

Yes, today happened to be rug cleaning day. We had a Coit salesman call to offer their services. I forward such calls to Kedg because I forget all the stipulations and ramifications and special bargains. We really wanted to have our lovely sofa cleaned...expecially the arms. Well, the doorbell rang. Bobby and I answered and invited the worker in. Bob did not seem to like him at all. Juan explained: "I have cats at home." So my protector circled and sniffed, sniffed and circled, then climbed up on the little white sofa with me and glared. Now my lovely light beige carpet is light beige again.

CC and Ladybug had breakfast with Kedg and Coyle and Me Tuesday morning. We took His Highness to Clippindale's on our way. He was excited about "ridin' in the car" until the car did not turn onto any of our usual destinations, not to the bank, not to JoAnne's, not to Home Depot or Ross's. Smarty Pants got antsie when we pulled up to a parking space in front of his Beauty Parlor. Reluctantly he got out of the car with Kedg's coaxing and watered the grass. Then he slinked, or slunked or generally dragged his feet to the door.

At breakfast we learned that my little great granddaughters have been asked to be "Bell Ringers" at Cupcake's cousin's wedding in North Dakota on the 30th of December. The wedding is supposed to be royal blue, but Ladybug suggested ice blue for the little girls and asked if their dresses could be shorter than full length so they would not trip. Don't you think the light blue will make their blue eyes sparkle?

I turned on the idiot box this evening to check on the election and switched to "Wheel of Fortune." Bells rang. Bob complained. Bells rang again with the noise of the wheel spinning. He angrily barked and complained again. I didn't want to watch it anyway so changed the channel to a cooking program.

From Tuesday night here's a tip. For a "no brainer meal" take pork chops from the freezer and plop them in your crock pot still frozen. Cover with crushed pineapple. Pour some soy sauce over this. Turn on HIGH for four hours or LOW for eight. We had rice, too. They were tender and delicious.

Then the bell rang again on the microwave when water was hot for my coffee. There it goes again! It's time to take my pills anyway.

3 Comments:

  • Somewhere out there in never-never land someone must have been reading my blogs. Why don't you tell me?

    By Blogger Gramma, at 11:59 AM  

  • Hi Mom, I just got on the computer about a half hour ago so would have commented earlier if I was on earlier. I always check the family's blogs first thing. Keep writing. I so enjoy yours and Bobby's escapades. Thanks for the recipes. Am saving them for a book.

    By Blogger knitterykate, at 2:02 PM  

  • Don't you just love days like that?

    By Blogger ioi, at 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home